Thursday 27 November 2014

Chicken Meu




  How do you like your chicken? Dry? crispy? soft and juicy? Or...maybe Sticky? I could go on and on because there's just a whole lot of ways to make chicken. One of my favourite chicken recipe is the easy roast and good news is it doesn't require much in terms of ingredients.

What you need :

Whole Chicken
8 potatoes(washed, peeled and  quatered)
Mixed spice
1-2 tablespoons Palm oil
Plastic bag
Method :
Wash chicken and chop it into bits, lay the bits out on a chopping board, sprinkle and rub in some  mixed spice all over the chicken making sure to coat every part of the chicken in the mixed spice. Now place the board with the spiced chicken still on it in a cool place and leave for 7-8 hours. After the said hours has passed, pre-heat oven to 250° wash potatoes, peel them and leave them in clean water. Pour your Palm oil into  a plastic bag, gently squeeze the bag to ensure the oil spreads around the inside, transfer your chicken into the bag together with any spice left on the board, tie up the bag and give it a good shake; the idea is to get the oil onto the chicken. I really do not like much oil which is why I add it last to keep the chicken from absorbing  much of it.Transfer the chicken into an oven dish or preferably oven tray, add your potatoes, add some water depending on the size of your oven tray, place the tray in the oven and let it roast. Check from time to time to baste the chicken with the liquid, be sure to add more water if the one in the tray starts reducing, careful to not allow it dry out. Your chicken should be ready in 35-40 minutes. Most mixed spice like the one I use already contains sea salt and that's about as much as I need so I never add extra salt when using it but if yours doesn't contain salt,be sure to add some to your taste. Feel free to send me your pictures when you try this.
    Let me quickly say to my snail lovers that I haven't forgotten the recipes I promised, I just haven't received the snails I ordered for yet and I've been counting the days in anticipation as I can't wait to cook a special soup with them and take some pictures, I don't think you guys will like to see recipes without pictures. So, do bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment