Monday 24 November 2014

Potato chicken stew




  I was a bit unsure about what to cook this evening but I knew that once I got to the kitchen, something was definitely going to come up and it sure did; one look around the kitchen and it hit me like bang! I rustled up some potatoes,vegetables, chicken and made me some delicious chicken stew.
 
What you need:


  2 Chicken breasts or laps
Some potatoes  (I used 6)
  3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
  2 tablespoons of flour
3 cloves garlic(Chopped)
small piece of ginger(grated)
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
2 carrots (chopped)
I small Onion(chopped)
A can of button mushroom
1/2 pint of chicken stock
1 seasoning cube
Pepper and salt to taste
Method :
    Place a soup pot on the fire and let it heat, add oil, allow it heat, add chicken and let it brown on all sides, add Onions, carrots, stir and let fry for  a minute, add thyme, curry,add flour and chicken stock, garlic, ginger,stir it, add potatoes, sprinkle in pepper, seasoning cube and salt, stir, leave it to cook when it starts simmering, reduce to a low heat and let cook for 35 minutes. It's practically ready once the potatoes are cooked. You can either serve this as a main or side dish. I'm serving it with fish fingers.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm......! Yummy yummy yum yum! Aunty shakara i will love to come and live with you oooo. Are u married? Cos your husband must be a very lucky and happy man to have you. WELDONE AUNTY SHAKARA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessooo Anony, thanks; come and live with me Lol. Make sure you try this dish so you can experience what I'm talking about.

      Delete
  2. Hmm dis looks really yum it reminds me of hotpot but would like it if u upload more stuff n more often cos checking out ur blog n seeing same old stuff for lyk 2 days is not encouraging

    ReplyDelete